I absolutely adore slouchy sweaters. I first fell in love with the trend during the Cosby days when Denise would steal them out of her dad’s closet. It’s a must-have staple for every girl’s closet this fall. You’re totally out of the loop if you haven’t jumped on board!
A reader recently submitted a question inquiring about how to rock the trend without looking extra frumpy.
Before you grab your purse and run to your favorite store to pick one out – if you don’t already own one – keep these tips in mind.
- It’s all about proportion. If you think it’s cool to wear a slouchy sweater and slouchy pants, you’ve got it all wrong. Slim-fitting pants are perfect to pair with this type of sweater. It adds balance.
- Keep accessories to a minimum. You never, ever want your jewelry to compete with your outfit. Keep it fun and super minimal.
- Don’t be afraid to add a belt. Obviously, you don’t want to do this with a cropped sweater. If it’s larger than life, add a belt for shape.
- Don’t tuck your sweater. Sound silly? This actually happens in real life and I’ve witnessed it.
- Have fun. Don’t get so caught up in the fashion rules to where you can’t be yourself. Try things like layering or even tying the garment around your waist.
Necklace :: $348 :: Allsaints.com
Pants :: $35 :: H&M
Sweater :: $26 :: Etsy
Shoes :: $895 :: Shoptheshoebox.com [Giuseppe Zannotti]